He is pretty much gone. The boards are lighting up that he is leaving. Who can blame him?
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. --- North Carolina has announced that a press conference will be held for Brandan Wright on Monday at 4 p.m. The Tar Heel freshman is expected to announce that he will enter the NBA Draft.
FoxSports is reporting that Wright made the decision to turn pro on Friday. (link)
ESPN ranks Wright as the No. 3 power forward and No. 5 prospect overall in the 2007 draft class, saying "On potential, he has the chance to be a NBA All-Star." Some draft sites have Wright projected as being selected as high as third.
"He really wants to stay but he also knows he would be drafted high," head coach Roy Williams told ESPN on Sunday. "I want to make sure he doesn't do something foolish.
"I told him to tell me what he wants to do and I'll support him ... Deep down I think he wants to stay, but I don't want him to do something dumb."
Wright averaged 14.7 points, 6.2 rebounds and 1.8 blocks last season, shooting 64.6 percent from the field -- setting an ACC record for freshman field goal percentage and making him the current all-time career field goal percentage leader at UNC.
His conference honors included Second Team All-ACC, ACC Rookie of the Year
He is pretty much gone. The boards are lighting up that he is leaving. Who can blame him?
I wacthed him play at brentwood. He was soo nasty it wasn't even funny. Just seeing a d1 athlete play in high school is crazy he was so domanite.
[url="http://avatars.jurko.net"][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_17434.gif[/img][/url]
sounds good to me.
"To be the man, you've got to beat the man."
Yeah, he's freaking good..
"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better."
Play Like a Champion Today
[img]http://www.facade.com/celebrity/photo/Michael_Jordan.jpg[/img]
Looks like its official.
I figured he had already declared.
He needs to bulk up by about 15-20 lbs.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
He isnt going to hire an agent. So there is a glimmer of hope that he may return.
hes a top five pick, he wont come back.
but UNC shouldnt worry, lawson, ellington and hansborough are all back.
its hard to stay drug free, when georgia power wont give a ni**a lights free.
Wright is one of the five best high school players I have ever seen.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Bookmarks